Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Women Rights Made Incredible Strides Between 1850 and 1930 in the United States

Today in the United States women have incredible rights, and for the most part they have broken down all the glass ceilings. But it wasn't always that way, and it is important to know the history so you can understand how far women rights have come. It's quite impressive when you look at it from afar, and you study the annals of history in the United States.

There is a great book on this topic that I think you should read, and it is a book that I own, and one that like to recommend to you at this time. The name of the book is;

"To Be a Woman in America from 1850 to 1930" by Nat K Baxter with Constance Jacob, published by New York Times book publishing, 1978, 240 pages, ISBN: zero - 8129 - 0764 - seven.

Why did I like this book you ask? Well because it is a great reference which I can use in my writing but more importantly it tells the story of exactly how women lived during those time periods. It goes through all the different types of jobs that working women had, all the stereotypes they had to deal with, and all the breakthroughs that they accomplished and the hard-fought battles for equality. This is your basic kaleidoscope of history, and it is featured with pictures and paragraphs throughout.

We've come a long way in America, and I imagine we will have our first female president within the next couple of decades. It is a tribute to our nation that we have come this far. If you are studying woman's history, or you'd like to know more about this subject, this is a book that I would highly recommend to you. I think you can still find a used copy on Amazon or on eBay, and if you are serious about this topic you should have this in your personal library like I do. Indeed, I hope you will please consider this.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More